Dr. Bennett utilizes scientifically grounded approaches to support behavior change and relationship repair.
Her work with children is structured and measurable but also playful and creative.
Conditions Treated Include
- Relationship Problems
- Phase of Life Concerns
- Parenting Stress
- Family of Origin/Abuse concerns
Dr. Bennett abides by APA and AFCC guidelines for comprehensive custody evaluations.
Custody evaluations provide parents with child-focused solutions when a) visitation schedules and b) decision making rights are in question. Dr. Bennett aims to help parties create consensus. Nonetheless, Dr. Bennett remains available to provide sworn testimony if needed.
Areas We Cover
- Parents with mental illness
- Parents recovering from addiction
- Children with special needs
- Relocation cases
- Alienation cases
- Allegations of abuse
Co-parenting is especially challenging for parents who have been through a polarizing divorce. Dr. Bennett provides structured and agenda-driven parent coordination services to assist with child rearing.
Dr. Bennett offers monthly sessions to co-parents to reduce unnecessary conflicts. Dr. Bennett believes preventative sessions help “keep little problems little.” Parent Coordination can help reduce legal costs if used effectively.
Parent Coordination Goals
- Reduce fighting in front of children
- Reduce tension and ambiguity at drop off
- Reach consensus on parenting techniques
- Reach consensus on choice of activities, camps, school activities, etc.
Dr. Bennett is familiar with cases involving children who a) have been removed from a parent’s care or b) have refused visitation.
Dr. Bennett aims to help children and estranged parent(s) become familiar with one another and rebuild healthy bonds.
Reunification therapy is complex
Reunification therapy often requires:
- desensitization (to decrease anxiety)
- co-parenting changes
- genuine relationship repair achieved overtime
Dr. Bennett has served as an expert witness in multiple localities.
Areas of expertise include:
- Effects of trauma and abuse
- Child preference in custody litigation
- Parental alienation
- Appropriate methods for custody evaluations
- Stages of child development
Dr. Bennett is available to provide psychological testing related to personality functioning, child development and learning needs.
Dr. Bennett maintains a state of the art testing library.
- Intellectual Giftedness
- Learning Disabilities
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Parenting Capacity/Parental Fitness
- Comprehensive Custody Evaluations
- Service planning for criminal defendants